When can I apply for an Inter-District Transfer Application?
San Leandro Unified School District will begin accepting New Inter-district transfer applications for the next school year starting Mid February .
How do I apply for an Inter-District Transfer Application?
New Students to the District
Families must obtain the following documents:
- From your district of residence:
- A signed approved interdistrict permit application from your district of residence
- If the student is not currently attending their district of residence you still need to obtain the interdistrict permit application from your district of residence, even if you have never attended with your resident district.
- From the district where you are currently enrolled:
- A copy of the most recent transcript/report card
- A copy of the student’s attendance
- A copy of the student’s discipline
Note: Some school districts may choose to mail your Inter-District Transfer Application directly to our Student Services office. If your school district releases these documents to you, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit them to our Student Services office located at 2255 Bancroft Ave, San Leandro.
Continuing Students on an Inter-District Permit
Continuing students on an Inter-District Permit do not need to submit a new Inter-District Permit unless:
- The student is displaced by a student who resides in the school attendance area
- Student fails to meet the established criteria of attendance, grades or discipline
- A program becomes impacted
- You moved and need to update your address.
- The student is transitioning to 6th or 9th grade. Students who fail to submit an application as required will lose their placement for the coming school year.
INTER-DISTRICT TRANSFER APPLICATIONS
During the School Year
If a complete inter-district permit application is submitted to SLUSD for the current school year, families will be notified whether their application is accepted or rejected within 30 days.
2022-2023 School Year
If a complete inter-district permit application is submitted to SLUSD for the 2022-2023 school year, families will be notified starting June 1st or as late as the second week after the new school year begins as to whether their application is accepted or rejected.
Important Message: Please be sure to enroll your student in their district of residence to ensure they have space. Families should plan to have their student attend their home school/district until they have an offer of placement from SLUSD.
How to apply to another district if I am a resident of SLUSD?
If you are requesting to leave the San Leandro Unified School District and wish for your child to attend a district of your choice, you need to download and fill out an Inter-District Transfer and email completed application to email@example.com
Click below to download the file.
Inter District Transfer – English
Inter District Transfer – Spanish (Solicitud de traslado escolar interdistrital)