The school-based health center at the BLC is led by the Native American Health Center (NAHC). Their services focus on prevention and integrated care with a mission to improve adolescent health, well-being, and success in school by increasing access to comprehensive, high-quality health care services.
- Comprehensive Physicals (including sports physicals)
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Reproductive Health Services
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor and acute illness
- Sealants and Fluoride Varnish
- Behavioral Health/Counseling
- Health Education
- Your Development Groups
- Insurance Enrollment assistance
- Family Engagement
NAHC Hours, Call 510-618-4480 to schedule an appointment
Health Center Hours
Monday through Friday* – 8 am to 4:30 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 9 am to 4 pm
Monday and 4th Tuesday of each month – 9 am to 4 pm
Who can be seen at the school-based health center
- San Leandro High School Students
- Registered San Leandro Unified District Students
- Direct family members of SLUSD (priority given to SLUSD students)
How Do I Pay For My Services?
All services will be provided at no out of pocket cost to the student. There are no student financial or insurance eligibility requirements to receive non-clinical wellness services. All students under the age of 18 are required to have parental consent prior to receiving medical and dental services, with the exception of minor consent sensitive services*.
For medical and dental clinical services we accept the following insurances:
- Medi-Cal (including Kaiser Medi-Cal)
- Alameda Alliance
- Medi-Cal Blue Cross
- No Insurance (under 18 years of age)
Students with private insurance, including private Kaiser, can be seen for sensitive services covered by FamilyPACT or Minor Consent Medi-Cal, but will be referred to their primary care provider for all other medical and dental needs.*
*California State Law permits the provision of reproductive health services to a minor 12 years of age or older with or without parental consent.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 510-618-4480.