San Leandro

Unified School District



835 E. 14th Street, Suite 200
San Leandro, CA 94577
Phone: 510-667-3500
Fax: 510-667-6234

  Add to your Google Calendar

Payroll Department



Contact Us

Name Title Email Phone
Lynn Hester Certificated Payroll   510-667-3516
Veronica Ochoa Classified Payroll 510-667-3517


Our office is located at San Leandro’s City Hall, 835 E. 14th Street, Suite 200.


Payroll FAQ

When is Payday?

Payday for ALL employees is the last working day of the month.  Please reference the list of Pay Dates under the “Forms” in the Payroll Department section of the website.

I’m a substitute, what days does my paycheck cover?

Each paycheck covers the 11th of the first month to the 10th of the second month. These hours/ days will be paid on the next payday, which is the end of the second month.

When are timesheets due?

Timesheets are due, in the Payroll office, by the end of the day on the 10th of each month.

Where do I pick up my paycheck paystub?

Checks and pay stubs are mailed to the address we have on file for you. Note: During the summer and any other time when the schools are closed on paydays, the checks paystubs will be mailed.

My doctor is putting me off work for an extended period of time. Do I notify payroll?

You need to turn in a doctor’s off-work certificate to Personnel Services. This form will need to state the duration of your disability. Prior to your return, you will also need to provide a doctor’s release to return to work to Personnel Services.

I am resigning from SLUSD. Will my accumulated sick leave be paid out to me?

PERS and STRS regulations prohibit any district from paying out sick leave. However, it can be transferred to a new school district, county or city in California. Notify your new employer that you have sick days at SLUSD and they will send us a form for transfer. If you are retiring, your sick days will be forwarded to PERS or STRS and used to increase your service credit.

I recently changed my name and or moved. How do I change that information with the district?

A Name/ Address Change form is available on the SLUSD website. Please complete and give to Personnel Services. Any changes must be turned in by the 10th of the month in order to take effect with that month’s paycheck.

How often can I change my Federal and or State withholdings?

You can change your withholding (Federal form W-4 and CA form DE4) once a month. Any changes must be turned in by the 10th of the month in order to take effect with that month’s paycheck. Forms are available on the website or in the Payroll department. Please forward completed original forms to Payroll.