Home of the Hornets


835 E. 14th Street, Suite 200
San Leandro, CA 94577
Phone: 510-667-3500
Fax: 510-667-6234

  Add to your Google Calendar


Frequently Asked Questions

COVID-19 Safety & Protocols

Does my child need to wear at mask as school? As of March 11, 2022, masking is no longer required at district facilities for students and staff.

What sort of safety protocols are in place? Each classroom has wall-mounted hand sanitizer and air-filters. Classrooms are also regularly cleaned by custodial staff with a rotating schedule.

**More information can be found here on the school district website.


How much does school lunch cost? Free breakfast and school lunch will be provided to ALL students starting in the 2021-2022 school year! More information can be found here.     

Absences and Tardies 

What do I do if my child is absent? Either call the school that day or have a child bring a note to school the next day explaining the absence. 

What do I do if my child is tardy? If your child is more than five minutes late, they should check in at the office before coming to class. If your child misses class for a medical appointment, please bring a note from your medical provider.

What if my child will be absent for five or more days in a row?
If you tell the teacher in advance, the teacher can give you independent study work and your child will not be charged with any absences.

Incoming Kindergarteners

When are school tours? Each year families are invited to attend a school tour.  Three tours are held during the year and are facilitated by the principal.  This is a handy and informative way to see the school, its classrooms and to ask questions. Please call our office for exact tour dates.

How do I register my child for Kindergarten? Registration for Kindergarten begins at the end of February. Registration is done online at Documentation for registration (information found in packet):  for all new students to register in San Leandro Unified School District, families must provide the following:

  • Proof of Residency:  (Three documents) These must be current utility bills (EBMUD, PG&E, Cable, Garbage)
  • a mortgage statement, property tax statement, escrow statement or lease/rental agreement.
  • and California School Immunization Records

Volunteering in the Classroom

When can I volunteer in the classroom? Check with your teacher about regular or occasional volunteering in class. Some teachers provide a schedule and you can sign up based on your availability. 

Do I need to fill out any forms in order to volunteer? Yes, you need to fill out a volunteer packet, a TB test, LiveScan Fingerprinting, and proof of vaccination. If you have filled it out in previous years, you may need to update it.         

Field Trips 

Can my child’s sibling come along on the field trip? Sorry, for liability reasons, school rules prohibit siblings from attending field trips. 

Do I need to fill out any forms to drive on a field trip? Yes, you need to be an approved volunteer. That includes filling out a volunteer packet in the office, submitting a TB test, proof of vaccination, LiveScan Fingerprinting, and a form that states that you have adequate car insurance.      

Roosevelt Elementary