- First, let us explain why San Leandro?
- Location! 25 miles from most Bay Area destinations with two BART stations and Oakland airport next door.
- Weather! Average high 75 degrees, average low of 55 degrees
- Adorable & Affordable Housing! Historic neighborhoods feature period houses below market averages
- History! “Cherry City” has hosted the annual Cherry Festival since 1909
- Connectivity! Specially dedicated fiber optic loop for expanded access
- Nature! With the San Leandro Marina & easy access to Lake Chabot, outdoor enthusiasts embrace SL
- Advanced Placement! We are the College Board AP District of the Year for increasing scores, access and equity.
- Teacher salaries! Our salary schedules rank in the top percentages for the SF Bay Area
- Graduation rate! SLUSD = 91.8, California = 83.5%
- TK-12 Project-Based Learning!
- Technology! We have 1:1 technology and Promethean boards in every classroom
- Communication! Parent facilitators at every elementary and middle school!
- Listings for all current job openings can be found on the EdJoin website. Please click on the button below to access this website to view these postings. All external applicants must apply for open positions online through the EdJoin website. If you need assistance, please contact the SLUSD Personnel Services at (510) 667-3523.
Non-Discrimination in Employment
- The Board of Trustees desires to provide a positive work environment where employees and job applicants are assured of equal access and opportunities and are free from harassment in accordance with law. The Board prohibits district employees from discriminating against or harassing any other district employee or job applicant on the basis of the person’s actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation. Please see SLUSD Board Policy 4030 for more information about the SLUSD’s policies and procedures related to nondiscrimination in employment.