If you have not attended class for more than 90 days, you must go through orientation.
Important: Testing Changes for 2021-22 and
Tutoring Now Available (see directions below)
Apex students are now required to Zoom all Unit Test sessions to meet the adult school’s requirements for accountability. Your camera must be on during the entire test period. The procedure is as follows:
- Zoom test sessions will be offered Monday thru Thursday from 9:30 – 11:30 am and 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Test sessions are limited to eight students and may fill early.
- The instructor will not admit students after 11:00 am and 7:30 pm.
- Some test sessions may be eliminated for administrative reasons, so be sure to make a note of the test day and time you have signed up for.
- Find the link to sign up for testing below. Do not sign up to test if you have written work outstanding for that unit.
- Once your written work has been verified, you will receive a test confirmation email that includes the Zoom link to your chosen session
If this is your first test session, or there is a new teacher, be prepared to show a photo ID to the instructor.
- You may be in the waiting room for a few minutes while others ahead of you are helped.
- While you are testing:
- Remember, you are allowed to use any notes you have taken during the test including Study Guides. You may not get assistance from other people.
- Your camera must remain on as the instructor will be checking on you periodically while you are working.
- Once you have completed your test, you may leave the session.
- For tutoring questions regarding written assignments or other class related issues.
- Prior to requesting Zoom help, email email@example.com to let the instructor know what the issue is. That way, they can prepare to assist you.
- Click on the link below to sign up for a tutoring session. Be sure to indicate the unit/activity number
- As others may be testing or tutoring at the same time, your patience is very important.
Written Work Submission:
- All written work must be submitted online to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must include your Full Name, Class Name, and Activity# in the subject line of your email.
- For example, Mary Jones, World History B (or semester 2), 2.1.7
- If your work is handwritten on paper, consider taking a CLEAR and legible photo of the document and emailing that.
- If we cannot read your work, we may send it back with a rewrite request.
- Written work can also be submitted through Apex itself. See this link for more information: http://cdn.apexlearning.com/documents/BP_Assignment-Sheets.pdf
- If you are finished with a class except for tests, we will be checking to see that all journals, practices, and projects have been completed before we add a new class.
Quizzes & Tests:
- Quizzes and Tests allow for three tries only.
- Be sure to study between each failure.
- If you do not pass a quiz on the third try, email us at email@example.com
- If you do not pass a test and your overall score for that unit is below 70%, you will be required to do extra credit to make up for the point deficit.
- We will allow progress to the next activity/lesson but no additional retakes.
Unit Test / CST Unlock Request Process
- Do not sign up to test if you have written work outstanding.
- Submit all written work to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to scheduling a testing appointment.
- Complete the online appointment request by clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/APEXcst
- Students will receive confirmation with a Zoom link and reminder emails if their appointment request has been approved.
- Students will have two hours to complete the test.
- Students will not be admitted into testing sessions 1/2 hour prior to the end of the session.
- At the end of the two-hours, the unit test will be locked. Students who did not finish their unit test during the two hours will need to submit a new appointment request at https://bit.ly/APEXcst.
Adding an Extra Class:
- If you are making good progress on your current class and would like to add an extra class to stay on track towards your diploma, email us at email@example.com
- Since we do not currently have access to hardcopy student files, please be patient if you do not get your new class right away.
- All guidelines for Quizzes, Unit Tests, and Written Work Submission above will still apply.