COVID-19 Survey – How Can We Help YOU?
We are trying to determine how best to help our students during the COVID-19 shutdown. Please take a few minutes to complete the linked survey below. This information will help us determine student needs and how we can help. Please click on the “Survey” link below to access the survey.
Click here for the survey.
San Leandro Adult School Advising Team:
Rachelle Parham, Cathy Gample, Cindy Lau & Stacy Anderson
Accessing or Returning to Apex
If you have been dropped from Apex and can no longer access your class, or you need your username and/or password, email and adviser at email@example.com.
Apex Procedures during the COVID-19 School Closure
Dear APEX Students,
Thank you for your continued patience as we adapt to an ever-changing learning environment. We have created a process for students to schedule testing appointments and take their unit test(s) at home. This testing process will only be available during the COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Order and school closure.
Written Work Submission:
- All written work must be submitted online to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must include your Full Name, Class Name, and Activity# in the subject line of your email.
- For example, Mary Jones, World History B (or semester 2), 2.1.7
- If your work is handwritten on paper, consider taking a CLEAR and legible photo of the document and emailing that.
- If we cannot read your work, we may send it back with a rewrite request.
- If you are finished with a class except for tests, we will be checking to see that all journals, practices, and projects have been completed before we add a new class.
- Quizzes have been reset to allow for three tries.
- Be sure to study between each failure.
- If you do not pass on the third try, email us at email@example.com
- We will allow progress to the next activity/lesson but no additional retakes.
Unit Test / CST Unlock Request Process
- Students must submit all written work to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to scheduling an appointment and request a unit test to be unlocked.
- Complete the online appointment request by clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/APEXcst
- Students will receive confirmation and reminder emails if their appointment request has been approved.
- The requested CST/Unit test will be unlocked at the start of the appointment time. Students will have two hours to complete the test.
- At the end of the two-hours, the unit test will be locked. Students who did not finish their unit test during the two hours will need to submit a new appointment request at https://bit.ly/APEXcst.
Adding an Extra Class:
- If you are making good progress on your current class and would like to add an extra class to stay on track towards your diploma, email us at email@example.com
- Since we do not currently have access to hardcopy student files, please be patient if you do not get your new class right away.
- All guidelines for Quizzes, Unit Tests, and Written Work Submission above will still apply.
If you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org