What kinds of classes do you have?
- All of our ESL classes (except 55+) are in person at the adult school.
- Our classes are comprehensive and require excellent attendance to progress. They are not “drop in”.
- Morning classes are 4x a week from 8:45 am – 12:00 (MTuWTh).
- Afternoon classes are for middle level students and are 2x a week from 12:45-2:45 pm.
- Most evening classes are 4x a week (MTuWTh) from 6:10 pm – 9:15 pm.
- Two evening classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays. They are for Beginning Low – Intermediate Low students.
- We also offer Citizenship on Saturdays and ESL classes at the senior center on Fridays.
When do classes start?
The next group of new students for the morning and evening classes will start January 8, 2024. Students need to complete a registration form online December 3 or in person 4th. Many of the classes have waitlists and there will be little additional space.
Students for Citizenship, 55+, and afternoon classes may contact the office for information to start a class asap – 510-667-6287.
How do I register?
- On December 4, students may register at the adult school from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Online registration is no longer available as the testing appointments are full.
- Students for Citizenship or 55+ classes attend the class and the teacher will register and test them.
- Mid level ESL students may enroll in afternoon classes any time (12:45 pm – 2:45 pm).