At Thomas Jefferson School we are dedicated to promoting excellence in student achievement through deliberate and thoughtful instructional programs geared to meet the needs of our diverse student population. We are proud of our work to ensure students have a quality education that represents and celebrates the diverse cultures in the school. We are also actively engaged in staff development and coaching to help our English language learners become proficient readers and writers. We are committed to excellence for all students and to continually improve our instruction, curriculum, and resources toward that end.
The parents and community play a crucial role at Jefferson. We welcome parents, family members, and the community to partner with us, including volunteering in our classrooms, in our library, in our office, or on the playground. We encourage parent participation in the PTA, the English Language Advisory Committee, the School Site Council, and invite and encourage parent input into our school decisions. We are convinced that together we can achieve our goal of excellence for all students.
Vision & Mission
All students will achieve or exceed the standards established by the district as a result of:
- All stakeholders accepting responsibility for student progress;
- The implementation of sustainable leadership systems that maintains a coherent focus;
- Ongoing changes in teacher practices and school culture.
In order to ensure that our students are able to reach their highest potential as learners, the Jefferson staff has committed to the following:
- Implement Culturally Responsive teaching and learning strategies to decrease the achievement gap through targeted staff development.
- Using arts integration as a vehicle for greater student engagement.
- Regularly utilizing curriculum guides, adopted materials and other resources.
- Integrating writing across the curriculum.
- Exploring and implementing ways to allow all students access to the curriculum.
- Regularly analyzing student work and planning curricula with other teachers of their grade level.