• Wilson 1947

About Woodrow Wilson Elementary

  • Woodrow Wilson Elementary is one of the oldest elementary schools in San Leandro. It opened its doors in 1947 with an exciting small group of students and staff. Today, Wilson is the largest elementary school in San Leandro with about 750 students! We are fortunate to have a diverse population of students and families to be able to offer a Spanish bilingual program for students K-5th.

    We currently have a Transitional Kindergarten class that offers classes for students who just missed the deadline of September 1st to enter Kindergarten. Wilson also offers its students Music, Instrumental Music, Art, and two periods of P.E. a week.

    During beautification day, the Wilson community with parents completed a full garden with planter boxes. This year teachers will be using the garden to teach lessons on sustainability, science, and plants. We thank our community and families for all of the wonderful support!

    Wilson has a new field that was opened November 2014, which has a new baseball area and soccer area. Wilson now has a new drop-off/pick-up zone in front of our cafeteria.

    The San Leandro Unified School district is committed to bringing a 1 to 1 ratio of computers/Ipads to all students in San Leandro. Wilson has received most of our devices which are being used in the classroom by our extraordinary teachers for assessments, research, lessons, and more!

    Wilson has an after-school program: This program runs from the time school ends until 6:00pm. We also have an After School Library Program. Please call the office for more information or visit their website, which is located on our homepage under the tab entitled “partners.”

    Please come visit our school and see what the Wilson Dolphins are all about and ride the WAVE with us!