San Leandro USD

Tradition and Innovation

FAQ for Families

I feel anxious about coronavirus. What can I do?

 We understand that community members are understandably concerned. If you would like to talk with someone, support is available to students through SLUSD mental health services: 

  • Families: SLUSD partners with Care Solace which offers a live 24/7 concierge line to find local mental health-related services. Access is now available at
  • Here are some additional resources for talking to your children about COVID-19:English  •   Español   • 中文   • 한국인   •    Tiếng Việt
  • Employees: The Claremont Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available for employees and family members of the San Leandro Unified School District. You and your eligible family members can receive professional, confidential counseling at no cost. Claremont also provides access to resources that can help you address virtually any personal concern or question. EAP has also shared suggestions for talking to children about Coronavirus.

Alameda County Behavioral Health has also shared useful guidelines for how to manage emotional health during uncertain times.

What should we do if we think we have been exposed to coronavirus?

The Alameda County Public Health Department recommends that you call your doctor. Please refer to the Alameda County Public Health Department’s webpage on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).

What family support resources are available in the San Leandro Area?

See our resources page HERE